Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:14 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 82 leaking AC

Paul & all,

I have tried a couple of times recently to post but have had my mail
returned
so here goes after re-subscribing.

My 82's AC lost the will to work last year, the gas level has gone low
enough to
stop the clutch engaging, the compressor has a covering of oil which i
assume
is the result of a leaking front seal from Paul's post (below). Most UK
registered
cars now have AC but the large airport related vehicles i work on do not
have AC
so i lack any specific experience in this area.

I have recently taken up a new post working as a lead hand on
the breakdown crew for British Airways at London airport, which is roughly
what i did six years ago but now i get a bit more and have a bit more
responsibility. It was a shock at first as i have not had to work as a motor
mechanic for six years. For any mechanic out there have a think
what you would do if you had a 65 tonne aircraft tug broken down whilst
trying to push an aircraft out into the taxiway fully loaded with all
engines
running and you are the one that has to get it going again? Gulp!

I may not have posted for a while but i have been watching, keep up
the good work.

Neil Thorpe Black 82 Imp London, England.