Please Welcome Ed & Dot Tiede

New Subscriber(s): Ed & Dot Tiede
Email Address is: e_tiede@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Western New York, USA

Car(s) owned: 1967 Crown Convertible, triple white with black carpeting and
pinstripe.

Self-Introduction:      My interest in Imperials started around the middle
50's.  I was always drawn to the top of the line convertibles having one
since I was 22 years old.
     In Dec. of 1973 a friend who was a salesman at our local Cadillac
dealer told me about a 1967 Imperial convertible owned by a lady who just
purchased a new Eldorado convertibe.  He said she was not trading it in but
was trying to sell it privately.  I contacted her and she told me that she
bought a new Imperial every other year.  When she went in to order her 1969
Imperial convertible, she found out they were no longer produced.  She kept
the car until 1972 when the Cadillac dealer, who lived across the street
from her, drove a 1973 triple white Eldorado home and showed it to her.  She
bought it the next day.
     I bought the car the day before Christmas in 1973 for $1200.
When I took delivery she related how she took delivery the day before
Christmas in 1966.
     This car has been a work in progress since I purchased it.  It is our
car and we have accessorized it over the last thirty years as we found
interesting.  My goal was to build it as I thought a LeBaron convertible
would be built.