From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: IML: LEAF SPRINGS ???

> I had leaf springs made for my '55 last May and it really wasn't a big
deal. They had a book, and they were able to look up everything that they
needed to know in order to put the springs togther. I had them done at a
local truck place since they make springs for stuff all the time, but I paid
a premium for the installation, which you actually can do yourself.

> If you have to replace front coils, that is a little bit more difficult,
but your '61 has torsion bars so that will never be an issue for you.

> Paul
>
> In a message dated 2/23/2004 9:07:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, Johnl101
writes:

> > FOUND OUT YOU CAN'T BUY NEW LEAF SPRINGS, THEY HAVE TO BE COPIED AND
MADE NEW. IS THIS TRUE? ARE THERE ANY THINGS I SHOULD BE WATCHING OUT FOR?
AS FOR SHOCKS ARE THERE A CERTAIN KIND THAT ARE BETTER THEN OTHERS THAT I
SHOULD BUY?
> >     SORRY TO SOUND SO IGNORANT BUT MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE AUTOMOBILE IS
TIGHTNING A LOOSE SCREW. THANK  GOODNESS FOR THIS