From: "Dennis Dana" <56safari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 2:44 AM
Subject: Re: IML: My Dads Imperial 1982 antenna mast

>   Your antenna mast cable is broken. I've replaced dozens of these and
what you need to do is as Dick described, but you need to get a new antenna
mast from the dealer or chrysler parts source. The 5th avenue,Cordoba and
Mirada have the same antenna,so the mast will be the same. Expect to pay
around $25.00 for the mast.Maybe Murray Park can help with this also.  As
for the windshield wipers, I had this problem before also,the intermitant
wiper control box was faulty.

K-car
> > .
> > >
> > > One  irate reader wrote in part
> > >       " You(also) gave the Imperial,  obviously more luxurious than
any
> > other car tested a rating of 6 in comfort and 5 in ride and drive, while
> the
> > Reliant turned in the highest rating
> > > in both categories.
> > > I fail to see how the Reliant could score better than the Imperial,
> > C#$lass and G%nada in ANY of the luxury categories.
> > >
> > >    The short answer from the MT editor was " We don't feel that
comfort
> > and ride & drive are necessarily synonymous with
> > >    "luxury"
> > >
> > >   Now what kind of answer is that ?
> > >
> > >    I don't think anyone on this list would argue that an 81 Imperial's
> > ride is  better than any K- car and I sure don't want to start a K-car
> > discussion  so I am offering up this letter because it mentions Imperial
> and
> > I think it shows how political Motor Trends car of the year (was)is.
> > >
> > >  Something that also impressed  me after reading this  1981 Motor
Trend