Working Imperials

Very true D^2! Driving an Imperial as an everyday car is a way of making it
"pay you". Economically, what you put into it is a form of "equity", and the
use you get out of it is saving on the depreciation that one would otherwise
have with a new car. I am very much a fan of using the cars that we collect.

Retiring my Imperials 20 years ago was a difficult decision. But I was able to
translate my understanding of how to "drive older cars to save" into other
examples that were not so dear to me. It really broke my heart when I would get
a crack in the windshield of my '65 Imperial. That is just one example of how I
felt about the issue, though. Another one was the way that friends who were
passengers would get mud on the carpet, or pull the door closed with the door
handle rather than the door pull.

Parking them for 20 years wasn't any favor to them either though, so now I am
trying to strike a happy medium. Drive '80s cars for everyday and the Imperials
for fun!

Paul