Working Imperials

Inspired by a new member who acquired his 58 to be a wedding limousine, I
was wondering who else might be using their car to make a little money.  I
need some ideas, essentially, to try to convince my colleagues at the museum
that the 58 is not just a money pit.  My problem is compounded by the fact
that the museum has other more suitable vehicles in better condition for use
in parades and weddings.  The 58, a four door hard top might be suitable as
a substitute in bad weather, but I am in San Antonio and without working
A/C, it would not be very accommodating.  I did use the 58 once at a senior
prom once.  It turned out to be a popular decision - do you know how many
seniors you can cram into an Imperial?  A fun night, but I did it as a
favor, and I'd have to get a license to compete, and I suspect the car would
probably be subject to vigorous inspection which it could not pass.  Film
work is out of the question.  Any vehicle we have rented out for that
purpose came back with so damaged the costs to repair them out weighed any
gain, not to mention the horror of it all.

If anyone is using their Imperial as a working vehicle, I'd sure like to
hear about it.  Mine is not in any danger.  I'm am looking for support in
getting it worked on.  I have two persons lined up to help with the
mechanical work, and, frankly, I am very keen to get started.  I have never
removed an engine before.  I will be starting right at the head of the food
chain with the 392, which is not called the whale for nothing.  I recently
saw one on a stand at a museum not too far from me and it was quite awe
inspiring.  I am quite content with the car's lack of practicality, the
absurdity of it, but I'd like to give the impression that there is some
logic, however tenuous, in the undertaking.

There is also an outside chance that a certain dealership chain owner, quite
well known nationally, might be persuaded to underwrite the work.  He has
two Chrysler dealerships in this town alone.  What would be helpful is some
good  . . . the list filters would refuse the word I am thinking of, but its
initials are BS . . . some high quality BS, like his sales people use to
shift product, to either impress him with my nerve or make him laugh, or
both.  He is a member of the museum, and kind of likes my chutzpah - sorry
if I mangled that spelling - and he just might go for it if asked in just
the right way.

Hugh