fair value of a '71 on EBAY

What's the car worth to you, the buyer?  (You did not say what you are thinking)

The fuselage cars seem relatively undervalued/underapprecaited.
The reserve isn't met on this one, and may be unreasonably high the first pass through.

If it closes without meeting reserve, a strategically delayed offer might make sense after auction's end.

I got a similar condition 73 for $1000.  After trans rebuild and some other stuff I'm at about $3300 and feel that to be about what the car is worth to me.  It may be worth as little as $2k on the open market, but I'm not looking at it that way.

Remember to add in the additional costs to correct anything the seller does not know or reveal.  The 64 that I just got cost $400 for refurb soft parts and just seized its air cond compressor (no oil - I didn't check), so that's another $400 after recharge, total $800 added to the purchase price, and there are probably a few other items left to make themselves known.  I wasn't surprised, but hadn't shot my entire bundle without knowing that going in.

Seems to me that $4k would be my top end on that car, as there are others around.

Take a peek at the classified ads on the website for reference.  There are some real gems in there if you have the money available, and they tend to sit and cry for a lowball buyer at times, which works in the buyers favor if so.

-Kenyon

Bruce Stubblefield <audiblefeast@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
Looking for opinions on the value of a '71 4-door
on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2457416402&category=43905

item #2457416402

>From my reading of the value guide, this is between a
2 and a 3, closer to a 3. It has a repaint that
hasn't been polished out, has a couple small scratches
and a little rip in the leather. otherwise, a gorgeous
50,000 mile orginal owned by car nuts. Any opinions
about the fair value of it in today's world?

thanks
Bruce s