64 Crown Coupe wiring repair advice needed...

64 Crown Coupe wiring repair advice needed...

I'm going follow this one intently, our '64 has the same problem with the same dang wire.  As a temporary fix I ran a new wire straight through the burnt bulkhead connector and sealed it.  We were not fortunate enough to find a new connector.
Is this a common failure on these cars?

As far as the dash goes, it's a nightmare (for me anyway) getting under there.  I tried to get the light switch out once, "by the FSM"...., no way, the wires are too short to bring it down below the cramped dash to unplug it.

Bill & Tami Roddick
1964 Imperial Crown 4 DR HT
1972 'Cuda 340 (Tami's Toy)
1988 Cherokee Laredo