This is a new one!!!!!

roger crabtree wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I was wondering if any of the list has tried this on
> chrome.  It looks simple enough.  I know this product
> will clean grease out of cloths when applied with
> detergent.
>
> ***To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
> the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
> aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.***
>
> Is this the same as "flash chroming"?
>
> =====
> RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

     I'm in the process of "reviving" my '67 BSA Hornet
motorcycle.  At this point, I'm having the motor done up
right by a pro who immigrated to my town from England where
he made his living as a Brit bike mechanic, but for the rest
of it, I'm doing myself and on the cheap for now.  He
recommended using aluminum foil and WD40 to rub the rusty
and even pitted areas on the rims to spruce them up, and it
does work.  I've been spending a little time here and there
between other projects gradually working on those rims, so
my fingers don't fall off.  He pointed out, and I've noticed
before myself, that you can remove rust with Simichrome and
steel wool or Scotchbrite, but it dulls whatever chrome is
left, while the foil method makes the remaining chrome look
better.

Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'60 Chrysler Saratoga; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart
Convertible (Kathi's car); '65 Imperial; '65 Barracuda \6
(Kathi's other car);'68 Barracuda Fastback 340-S; '69
Barracuda Fastback now 360 (20 y.o. son's car); '72 Cuda 340