Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Vendor/supplier WARNING!

I fully appreciate what Greg is going through and wish him well in resolving his issue.  However, before we all wish Gary Goers would go out of business let's remember he is, in MANY cases, the ONLY source for many of the trim and interior products we need for our Imperials.  THE ONLY SOURCE!!!!, as in NO ONE ELSE DOES IT!  NOOO BODY, PERIOD, FULL STOP as the Brits say.

Yep, Gary is slower than mollases in February in Maine and he can be hard to deal with and difficult to get in touch with.  Here is the situation that has been discussed many times in the past few years.  Gary is a one man shop.  At one time he had some help who had just gotten knowledgable enough to help with customer inquiries and such then they quit.  Gary was unsuccessful in hiring other competent help and, I understand, was seriously considering shutting down.  I THINK I remember an email a year or so back where he basically said he would fulfill existing orders then was done.

I expect he was beseiged with people begging him to stay in business because he is the only source.  He's going to do what he's going to do, he has more business than he can handle.  If you find another source use it.  If you can't, you'll just have to wait.  Ultimately you will get your products and they will be magnificent.  Russell (a very good friend of mine) is the first person I know who has had a problem with the PRODUCT.

Kerryp
http://dte.net/57imperial
KaP Imperial Services - Patch Panels, Metalshaping, Restoration
Manufacturer of high quality Wheeling Machines