Designer of Chrysler logo

About a hundred years ago-- okay, maybe it was 1 or 2-- Hugh asked the
list who designed the Chrysler Pentastar.  Well, I knew I had a book
with the answer but it was buried inside a box under a pile of other
boxes so I wasn't able to find the answer until today.

I can't give you the individual's name (if there was only one
individual; it was probably a team) but the company that designed the
Chrysler logo was the New York based advertising firm of Lippincott &
Margulies.

Lippincott & Margulies has been around for approx. 60+ years and is
responsible for a lot of famous logos and "corporate identity"
programs, including (off the top of my head) Coca Cola, Xerox, RCA,
Chevron, etc.  I think the Pentastar first appeared in the early 60's,
but I'm not sure exactly when.  I know I saw it on Bob Hope's TV shows
in the early 60's, but it would take more research to pin it down to
the exact year.  I might also try to find out if there was a particular
designer for it, since it is a very good logo, in my opinion.  I hope
they never change it.

Sorry to keep everybody in suspense!  :)

Mark M