My first message (TEST)

>He doesn't drive so the car mostly set in his garage with the battery
>disconnected.  Do you think it could be driven to Idaho?

Welcome to the list and congratulations on your fine new car.  The
following advice is given considering your statement that the car hasn't
moved much in the last fifteen years..

The brake system is most likely toast..  Brake fluid absorbs water which
leads to rust.  If it were mine I would plan on replacing rear wheel
cylinders, front calipers, master cylinder and rubber hoses.  You likely
could get away with less, but a 1500 mile trip is the wrong time to find
out you really did need that rubber hose.

The tires will need to be replaced even if they have good tread.  The
rubber will be dry rotted and the tires could easily come apart on you
at hiway speeds.

It would be a good idea to go ahead and replace belts and hoses and
change all the fluids now.

I would also have the gas tank cleaned out if it has been sitting with
the same gas for a long time or not having a full tank.  Condensation
builds up in the tank and settles on the bottom creating a rust and muck
that stops up the fuel system (don't ask how many times I have learned
this lesson.)

Is your car still EFI or has it been converted to carb?  If it is still
EFI I expect some of the experts here on the list might have additional
advice for you.

You can also ship the car if you aren't able to get it ready out there.
Expect to pay between $700 and $1K for door to door shipping.

                     Steve B.