not bothering the big cars

That reminded me of a similar thing I experienced.  I used to drive a 69
Acadian in the 70's.  The Acadian was the Canadian name for the Chevy II.

I got parking tickets 5 days a week.  I guess the guy had the weekend
off.  I got a ticket every week day.  I still have a big bundle of them.
  I plan to paper one of my walls with them one day, but I digress.

That car looked pretty beat up and that's because it was pretty beat up.
  I finally scrapped it and bought a 73 Chrysler T & C Wagon.  It looked
pretty nice and I parked it in the same place as the Acadian, on the
same side street around the corner from my house, in Toronto.

I stopped getting tickets.  Damnedest thing I ever saw.  I mentioned
that to a couple of friends and they had similar experiences too.

Alan Harper
64 Mercury 3/4 ton flatbed
69 Dodge D100 pickup
76 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham
78 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham St. Regis
92 Ford T-Bird
alan__harper@xxxxxxxxx
preservationist of our chrome heritage
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

=-----

 >I used to be stopped by the NY cops in the Falcon for =
 >70 in a 65 all the time.  They never ticketed me, just impeeded my =
 >progress.  The Olds must have been invisable or something, because
they > never even stopped me.