tires - surprise source?

The Cadillacs and Lincolns of the '80s all used either 205 or 215/75-15 size
tires, which are too small for our Imperials. I'll bet that most of the folks
that are driving those cars these days couldn't give a rats behind about the
size of the white wall on their car. By the middle '90s luxury car tires were
mostly for 16 inch rims, so I would say that we will be out of luck except for
companies like Coker and the like who still cater too us (for a price).

I don't know if it is still true, but many years ago when they first started
selling reproduction tires for '50s and '60s cars the tires were made in New
Zealand, Australia, and I think also Finland. Even though they looked identical
to tires that were sold here originally, they were made someplace else.

Paul