rubber fuel hose

As far as I know, at the very least ALL 65 up C-bodies and 67 up
Imperials use the short length of rubber hose located at the rear of the
RH stub-frame.  This is because the front stub-frame has 4' or 5' or
fuel line already installed in the RH box frame rail when the
engine/trans/stub-frame is mated to the vehicle body.  The unibody has
another 10' or so already mounted inboard of the RH rocker panel.  The
rubber hose is used to connect the two.

Pete in PA

Elijah Scott wrote:

John makes a good point -- and I would STRONGLY encourage everyone to
check ALL of the rubber pieces of fuel line between the carburetor and
the fuel tank, especially if you're not sure if these pieces have ever
been replaced.

Depending on the year, there may actually be several pieces of rubber
fuel line between the carburetor and the fuel tank.  Over the years,
these pieces can develop small leaks or even completely crumble.