Hubcaps for a 64

Hi all,

I just received a set of 3 hubcaps that I bought off of ebay.  They were
pretty dirty, so my first task was to clean them up.  I took the inserts
out and cleaned up the disk portion and they look pretty good now.  However
there are a number of small dents and dings in them.  I am not planning on
this being a concours type car so I am not terribly concerned about them,
but it would be nice if I could do something to at least make them
smaller.  Can I hammer the dents/dings to make them smaller?  does it
require a special type of hammer (I assume that my generic wood working
hammer won't work, but I do have a small set of body work hammers)?

Also, it appears that the inserts are painted.  Theses ones are painted
green.  My car will not be green (it is currently white over the original
tan color, I am not sure what color it will be when I am done, but green
isn't being considered at this point).  What would be the correct color to
paint the inserts?  I would assume that they should be the color of the
body, but the green that is currently on the inserts doesn't appear to
match any green color I have seen on an Imperial.

Thanks

Mark Elliott
64 Crown 4 door