Coolant Recovery Kits & Expansion Tanks

Paul, well said.  However, there is nothing wrong by adding an overlfow tank,
since its so easy to do.  Granted, if there is a consistent overflow problem,
there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.  However, there may be
occasions where an overflow may occur while everyting works well.  Say, after a
high speed run you have to come to a complete stop.  Even if you keep it
running, it may still try to overflow.  Why waste coolant?  Also, in the winter
I always put carton boards in front of the radiator to help the engine warm up
faster and run a bit warmer (back in the old days, this may have been
undesirable, but motor oils are so much better now, so it is actually better
for the engine to run 10-15 degrees warmer than cooler, especially in the
winter).  Then, we may have a warm front, and I may not remember to remove the
board.  Why waste the coolant?

D^2

Quoting RandalPark@xxxxxxx: