Working on old Imperials

To be fair, after that incident, I did start carrying a tool box in the trunk.
I also never went more than 10,000 miles without installing a new set of
ignition points.

Once I was able to assist a helpless owner of a 1964 Imperial Crown Coupe that
had died at a stop sign on a cold night here in Seattle by jamming No.2 lead
pencil between the choke rod and the carb body to hold it open.

In spite of my advice to take the car in and have the automatic choke worked
on, it seems that the owner didn't spend another dime on the car since it
turned up in a local bone yard, and I was able to retieve my pencil from where
it had been placed two years before.

Paul