Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Drum Puller (was '56 Brake Questions)

You should be very careful with these pullers. They can (and will)develop stress cracks. If the puller should bust while you are using it, it can be very dangerous.

I didn't see the one on e-bay, but assuming it is the correct type, I would like to point out that you must use the correct puller on those cars or the axle can be seriously damaged.

I am currently looking for a new one myself. Mine cracked when we were using it to pull the rear drums off of my '56 Imperial a couple of weeks ago. It was over 10 years old, but I had only used it three times. In the meantime we rented one from the local tool rental shop.

Paul