Weekend adventures and a question

----- Original Message -----
From: mENTAL mAN
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 1:14 PM
Subject: IML: Weekend adventures and a question

HI Everyone,

I've been trying to pick up another Imperial, and I've see two cars in the past week.

One was a 1974 Imperial at WildCat Mountain Mopars ( about 15 mins. from where I live ), but they sold it the day before I had a chance to go look at it............. Did anyone from the Club buy it ????.........I am SO BUMMED about that !!!!............ also..... about two hours from me I looked at a 1962 2 door Imperial in FAIR "original condition, 82,000 miles (looked like 282,000) but I don't think it was worth what they were asking for it............. $1500........... it seemed to be all there, but the pan was off the motor and the owner said " a bearing was gone " and their college age son had been driving the car until it died, and the front seat didn't look original, and the steering wheel plastic was cracked prettybad, etc. too many minor things........... I just thought it was more suited as a parts car, if anyone here might be needing one of those, they can e-me at collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx and I'd be happy to answer any questions.............. I'd like to find anot! her driver, for a reasonable price, maybe under $4000 US.. ......I like the fuselage years, the '70's and the 55/56........

ALSO, the $64,000 question..............Could someone give me a clue to the workings of the brake release on a '77 NYB ????

Is it actuated from a vacuum or is it an electronic release, mine seems to be slightly STICKY lately...........and I've been fixing the roof of my house before the RAINS decend.........and I haven't had time to crawl under the car and have a close look.

THANKS for everyone's help, This is a GREAT CLUB !!!!

........Cheers for now,

Michael Howlett

Boring, Oregon

'74 NYB "The Queen Mary"