Valve cover bolts revisited

Hi all

I think my post about valve cover bolt holes may have caused further
confusion and I apologize if that was what happened.  I should have said
what was possible due to cylinder head interchangeability regarding this, so
that it did not imply that the factory did anything like that.

My 62 , both my 63's had 4 bolt covers, and had never been disassembled
before. A  64 we dismantled last year had 6 bolt, but I have seen both on 64
and 65 Chryslers not just Imperials. I cant say that all of these cars were
in fact original engines and that  the cylinder heads had not been swapped
for later ones.

Sorry to cause any unneeded confusion

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe