Fixing Govt mandated 68 bulb problems: was bulbs for '68taillights

Fixing Govt mandated 68 bulb problems: was bulbs for '68taillights

Title: Re: IML: Fixing Govt mandated 68 bulb problems: was bulbs for '68 taillights
The government made them kill the third brake/turn bulbs for '68? Why?
Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon

John in Atlanta (Imp67cc64@xxxxxxx) wrote:

Dick has a point.  Another line of attack to correct your problem would be to get two bulb sockets with a bit of wiring from a junkyard and convert your taillight only sockets to signal/brake/taillight sockets.  All would use 1157s and so you would eliminate the bright/dim problem while fixing something the govt made Chrysler compromise on in 1968.  As you know, I am a stickler for original, but I did this on the 68 conv I had and would not hesitate to do it on any subsequent 68's I own.