bulbs for '68 taillights

An 1156 is too bright. It's a single-filament 32-watt bulb intended for
brake and turn signal applications, not the less-bright taillamp (running
lamp) function.

I'll see if I can find a suitable crossover for a 1095, but you should be
able to find 1095s at a NAPA store or auto parts store that's a little more
specialized than the giant chains. Or even your dealer. I know I've always
been able to find them for my car.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon