ran out of gas

>Bill,
>I take comfort in the statement that you keep the gallon of gas "buried" in
>the trunk.  I hope it is sealed so there are no fumes and somehow
>stabilized deep inithe trunk such that a minor accident would not turn into
>a Holllywood blockbuster?  Please hear the concern I express, I am not
>being harsh, just posing the question.  As one of the disabled ones on the
>list I am an apologist for safety concerns.
>Sincerely,
>Jerry53-ooops almost typed 63 but that would be nice too!

Bill,
I'm with Jerry. As the survivor of a lovely inferno when the just filled
(18gallons) tank of my Satellite was punctured, (e-mail for photos) I'm not
fond of carrying gas in the trunk for extended time periods.  They have some
stuff that you can carry that won't blow up that is the alleged equivalent
of 2 gallons of gas.  I've never used it though.  I just call my friends and
beg :)
Rob