1968 Imperial Brake Puzzle

List,

I have a 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe with brake problems, which is not the usual 67 & 68 caliper or rotor problem, but the pedal, which will sink to the floor with steady strong pressure.  There is no apparent leak in the system,
brakes have been bled, master cylinder has been replaced once from a parts car, then two other times with rebuilt master cylinders from NAPA.  The pedal will pump up, but with steady pressure on the pedal it will sink to the floor, with the "check brake" light coming on.  The pedal seems to pump up quicker and stay firm longer with the engine off than on.  I would appreciate any suggestions concerning this problem.

Bill/Imp, 68's