oil smoke

Also, much the oil inside the valve cover is in the form of mist, and this mist
can remain for a while when the engine is turned off and cause leak past the
valve stems, even if the oil level is below the seals.  Also, the crud can
restrict the oil returns from the head that can also raise the oil level over
the head.

D^2