Exhaust 'Y-pipes' (Time to get heavy)

Dan,

>From you previous post you say you have four bolts out, i have not
checked the book but are there only two per side?

If two is indeed the magic number per side then loosen or remove all
other retaining bolts, brackets so that the only thing holding the exhaust
on is it tenacious grip on the manifolds, then try to tap / lever the two
flanges
down each downpipe so that they are not causing any resistance, i suspect
by the time you have both flanges clear the exhaust will be on the floor.

If you have already done as above and loosened all other bolts and it has
not helped
then put a block or jack under the silencer and give the downpipes a shove
from side to side with your boot that should do the trick.

Ps if there is a Hungarian IML member with a black 81-3 Imp my parents
just spotted you car last week at the end of a tour of Europe in their
camper (RV).

Neil (large boots and a fine selection of hammers)
London England.