Exhaust 'y-pipes'

Hi,

Yes, I did mean the exhaust manifolds, not headers.
(Ooops.)

And, the y-pipe ain't "just dropping off".  I can do
chin-ups on it.

I tried applying some Liquid Wrench, and I will
start 'tapping' with my hammer tonight.

I suddenly have the awful feeling that the car is
not high enough off the floor, and I am gonna be
in trouble.  (The car is high enough for me to slide
around on my back, and I am able to get shoulder-
wise under it in a pinch.)

IF anyone has been able to get the y-pipe off of a
car on blocks, let me know before I drop the pipe and
am stuck trying to put it back on w/o changing the
oil pump and stuff.

THANX!!

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA