Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial adverstising

There is an Imperial Matchbook that was donated by Luke Nola for 1960.  It's large and white with the eagle from the ads of that year with the gold ribbon.  Don't know where it is in the process, but we will have it posted to the site in the coming months (I hope).

-Kenyon

Clay Smith <clay-deb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings everyone,
           While doing a bit of antique shopping this afternoon I ran across something  I had never seen before.
 It was a matchbook with a really quality picture of a 60 Desoto on the front cover. When you opened the matchbook there was a listing of the Desoto's standard and optional features.  On the back cover was an address for a Desoto dealer .
 Way too cool !.
Did they ever advertise Imperials this way?
This same antique dealer also had a good amount of Imperial ads that looked to have been taken from National Geographic magazines ,or something of the sort.
 I did find a nice one for my 60 .It was the "How's your sporting blood? ad.
  `I also couldn't resist an ad  "Announcing the 1970 Imperial". with a really great looking Lebaron .
There were also a few ads for 55 imperials, along with a couple for the 65-66 era.
  Clay Smith
  67 Crown Coupe
  60 Custom

Kenyon Wills