Need help decoding mystery sticker

One of the things I like about old cars is the stuff you find in them.

Today I was trying to fix another leak-- this one in my 1970 New
Yorker-- and found a little sticker under the carpet.  It's about 1 1/2
x 2" and has this on it:

                        J.P. Stevens & Co., Inc.
                                1771 EX8
                                 BLACK
                     1970 PLYMOUTH, DODGE, CHRYSLER
                           FRONT B/S Console
                                10/11/69

Is this for the carpet, or the console?  (I have a center console with a
shifter.)  Or the carpet on the console?

Does anyone recognize the "J.P. Stevens Co.?"  Do they exist today?

Thanks, Mark