Carb Problems - 62 Crown

If you have the original Carter carb I would stick with that. Rebuild it
yourself or have a pro do it, it will cost less than the new carb and run
better, plus you won't have to mess around with different linkages or
choke setups. I have the original auto choke in my 61 and it works fine.
If you need a new bimetallic element for the choke that may be hard to
find. I think there is someone who reproduces them however. The stalling
after several miles could be another problem, I would investigate other
possibilities before giving up on the carb you