auto temp II

Robin,

Just so that there is no confustion I want to mention that Mercedes with
   AutoTemp did not come from the manufacturer with aluminum-bodied
servos. 1976 through 1981 Mercedes AutoTemp servos are plastic just like
those used by Imperial from 1971 through 1973.

Any Mercedes you find with an aluminum servo in a junkyard will have had
its  servo replaced by the owner. This is an unlikely discovery, as the
aluminum servo is expensive, and easily transferred from car to car.

I know that if my '73 ever leaves me, the aluminum AutoTemp servo stays
right here!

The Mercedes connection with the aluminum servo is that it was the
Mercedes enthusiasts who started the servo reporduction project. They
were just as tired as we were of servos bursting at the seams!

Dave Duricy
http://www.duricy.com/~imperialist
1973 Imperial LeBaron
1968 Imperial Crown convertible