62 tail lights

 All you boys and girls with 62's

  I have a bad tail light. While checking to see what kind of bulb I would need to replace I found out that some time in the past some one had glued the lens in. They did a darn good job because it wasn't noticeable at all. When I put it back together the lens no longer sits right. Kinda crooked.
  I have already sent away for and received a set of complete taillights from Lowell Howe (A GREAT guy).

  Question 1: Would it be easier to replace insides or the whole taillight? I would rather keep mine because they look slightly better than the ones I bought.
  Question 2: Would it involve wire cutting and splicing to replace the innards?

 ANY comments and suggestions are always welcome.

  Buck Rind and Das Boot
rind@xxxxxxxxxxxx