Moses' Imperial Hubcap

In a message dated 6/3/03 11:05:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My serious question is: what happened?  I'm guessing I hit a bump and
the flexing caused the clamp to pop out of place.  Is there anyway to
check this thing to make sure this doesn't happen again?  I don't like
walking up & down the side of the highway looking for hubcaps.  Too
drafty.

Mark,
It sounds to me like you just lost a wheel cover and had the great fortune to not loose the skirt in the process.  The wheel cover coming loose while under the skirt probably loosened the skirt lock as the wheel cover tried to escape.  You might want to check the fasteners on each wheel cover and pry them out gently with a small flat screwdriver to give them a bit more bite.

John -- Atl