psychotic auto parts dealers

Been following the thread about Mr. Rosen in the club posts. Met a guy like that in Northern Maine years ago .He had a rare '56 Imp in his wrecking yard. I originally wanted to buy the car complete. However, it was sunk to the frame in mud, and badly rotted, He could not open the engine hood, it was rusted shut-so-I offered to buy all the chrome from the car. He quoted me a price that would have made a second mortgage on my home necessary. I lowered my sights, and offered to buy just the chrome from the trunk,quarters and rear bumper. His response was to angrily order me off the property and he followed me to the gate, haranguing me all the way. As I had my eight year old son with me. I decided to just leave without retort.

I later found out this guy had done hard time in the state prison for murder. Guess I was lucky-could have ended up in the trunk of one of his cars!! Why is it so many of these guys have a bad attitude??? I realize thieves hit them, but there still seems to be an excess of anti-social behavior among these guys.