Coil leaking oil

Clean oil is steadily driping from the distributer plug end of the coil and
its prety hot to touch (the coil) Im sure Ill need a new one soon but what
is the cause of it?
I just converted to an after market electronic ignition about 1000 miles ago
with no problems (knock wood) but its kinda hard to start because of the oil
on the connection I suspect.

If any one knows of anything to check please let me know.
Tanks
Johan
65 LeBaron
Washington DC