1953 imperial

If your trans fluid is clear it is what they called a
type c fluid.  I had the same in my 55 and it is
compatable with the Dextron varieties.  Mine had a
screeen rather than a filter thank god.  Changed the
oil and it was fine.  Trans fluid in the power
steerring i'm not sure about. does it go off the back
of the generator?  I use clear power steering fluid i
mine and the filters are the same as the 58 ford power
steeing units and can be bought at Galleys Filters.
RC  good luck

aptden30@xxxxxxx wrote: > this 53 imperial i own has
one of the first