rodents

I use "scent bags".  They are used frequently in our farming community to keep mice out of the stored farm machinery in the off season. Normally we use two inside the car and one in the trunk.  They normally last through the winter.  They also don't have that offensive odor you get when using moth balls.  They come in boxes of 12 and sell for $45.00 a box plus shipping. This product is made by a company here in the Dakotas just for the purpose of keeping rodents out. Obviously there are no guarantees but they have worked well for us and others who use them are happy with the results.  Let me know if you or anyone else has any interest I would be happy to send some out.  Jim
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 9:53 PM
Subject: IML: Fw: rodents

----- Original Message -----
From: Ted Blackington
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 10:36 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: rodents

Hello!

Earlier I posted a message about damage to my headliner by mice-Is there any sure way of keeping them
out of a car? I have heard about moth balls, and then told they don't work-D-con might kill them, but only
they have done their damage-also-mice tend to die inside cars and homes from D-con-odor is really bad.

I also lost a new convertible top, still in box to mice who chewed through the box and the top. This has got
to be a big problem for those of us who don't drive their cars often, or have them in  storage while repairing
them. Any solutions?? I have a cat-this doesn't work either. Any members knowledgeable about this problem?

                                                                                                             Ted
cebuisle@xxxxxxx