Imperials and other Mopar models

I have heard of similar differences for the 90's
Imperials- body was a thicker metal then the other
AC/AY's- in the case of interchangable body pannels
(hood, fenders, etc), it appears that the parts were
shaped out of the same machines/assembly line- they
just sent a thicker sheet of metal through.

Which makes sense- as why use the good material in the
cheaper cars? That's a big thing I noticed about FWD
Mopars- as the price goes up, so does the quality of
the parts (not to say that the cheap stuff is bad-
just not as good). My k-car was thin, rusted quickly,
and was very hard to repair. A relatives Spirit was
slightly better... my Dynasty even stronger.... and
the Imperials I hear were even better then that. Guess
that's yet an other example of how buyers got their
money's worth when buying the Imperials- but
interestingly, Chrysler never (?) pointed out this
difference in material to consumers as a
bragging/selling point.