From: "Mark McDonald" <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 4:52 PM
Subject: IML: low temp gauge

It was a nice day here in NW Florida, so I took the '68 convertible out
and while I was driving I noticed that the temp gauge never came up to
the normal position, which is around the center of the gauge.  It
hovered around 1/4 of the way over from the left-- not even in the
little "boxed" area on the gauge that gives you the normal range.

I drove the car long enough for it to warm up, and it's 87 degrees down
here.  The last time this happened on a car of mine the thermostat was
bad and the car overheated.  What could be causing the gauge to stay so
low?

Thanks, Mark