66 grille removal

Hi all-
A question about accessing the nuts for removing the grille from my 66 conv.
  Most of them were easy and I needed to remove the front splash pans to get
to the outer upper ones.  My question concerns the outer lower nuts.  Does
the bumper need to be removed to gain access?  Thanks in advance.
Tom
66 Crown convertible (#4), 42 DeSoto Custom (#2)