67 vs. 68 antenna

I am trying to replace the antenna on my '68 with a used antenna that
someone on the IML sold me (unfortunately, it was a year ago and I can't
remember who it was), and the motor works fine but the anteena will not
go up all the way.  It jams at the last segment and makes a sound as if
it is hitting something.  However, as far as I can tell, there's nothing
external obstructing the antenna.  I have WD-40'ed the heck out of it to
no avail.

The anteena housing has a slight cup shaped bend in it about halfway up;
could this be causing the problem?

At any rate, I may be able to get an antenna from a '67.  Are they the
same as the ones on the '68?

Thanks, Mark

P.S.:  This is for an AM/FM radio.