65 Imperial blackout

The lower horizontal slots in the front bumper on the '65 Imperials have a
black tape applique on the surface that extends back into the opening from the
face of the bumper.  I don't see any evidence of the blackout treatment on the
two '66s in my backyard.
 The wheelcovers have black paint in the inside surface of the ribbed casting
into which is mounted the center cone with the medallion.  It sounds
complicated --could that be why they weigh so much??... The reason why some
have black and others not is most likely due to the paint flaking off.

I've been using Bulldog Adhesion Promoter and Bumper and Trim black paint on
any of the chrome trim items such as the trim on the '62 and '63 that has big
swatches of black down the middle.

Cheers,
Roger