IML History Month

Hi Everyone,

Even though it's not a national event that might
appear on your desktop calendar, I hereby nominate
April as the official Imperial Mailing List/Online
Imperial Club history month.

Why?

Well, take a visit to
http://web.archive.org/web/19990117001908/http://www.imperialclub.com/
(it's a long link, and you may have to cut and paste
to get the entire link into your browser).
Http://web.archive.org is a really useful site that
archives web sites at various points in time.  The
link above takes you to the IML web site as the front
page appeared circa April 1998.

As you can see, we've made some BIG changes in the
past five years!  Follow some of the links from this
"historical" archive, and notice just how much stuff
was NOT there in 1998!  Our site has grown
dramatically, as we all know, but looking back on what
was there five years ago really brings this home.

How did we get from there to where we are now?  Our
entire web site is maintained by volunteers who love
Imperials and work to make sure that our website is
the best of its kind.  Tony Lindsay started the whole
mailing list concept around 1996; then he started
archiving messages to form a web site; and then that
site began to grow into what we have today.

Along the way, Tony gradually stepped back, and many
other folks have contributed to our site over the past
five years.  First, the website, mailing list,
classifieds, etc. simply would not exist without the
kindness and contributions of Manuel Alvarez, who
provides the server and wrangles the technology that
hosts all this great stuff!  If you haven't done so,
now would be a good time to show your appreciation to
Manuel with a donation to the cause!  A mailing
address for Manuel can be found under the "Support
Staff" section from the current main page.

And speaking of support staff, there's no way that I
can possibly list all the people who make such great
contributions to our web site, so I encourage you to
click on over to
http://www.imperialclub.com/OIC-Specific/TeamOfVolunteers/index.htm
to get an idea of who some of the folks are who work
so diligently on this site.  And there are a few
important people who are not mentioned there . . .
like Mike and Christine Trettin, whose skill at
webdesign is extraordinary and who are largely
responsible for the impressive look and feel of the
current site . . . and Leslie, aka "ChatQueen," who
keeps lots and lots of things running behind the
scenes.  Again, all these fine folks do a HUGE amount
of work as volunteers, and we all benefit from their
efforts.

So take a look at the history of our site.  And then
take a few moments to be happy not only to own such
fine cars, but to be a part of such a great group
dedicated to preserving those cars.

Imperially,

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron