grabbing brakes on my '57: problem solved

grabbing brakes on my '57: problem solved

>why don't you take the unmachined (probably NOS?) drum
>to a brake place and have them turn it to standard size (12.000?).

itsn't not NOS because i take it from my wrecked '57. But the car was
stoped in 1967 and it had less than 50 K miles. I haven't made an
accurate measurement, just to see if the drum had been turned. Seems not ..
I'll take the other drum to a shop . I don't want to replace the studs.
What is the maximum oversized drum tolerance ?

>Leaving left handed threads on the right side of the car is inviting future
>damage, unless you paint on a big sign warning mechanics about it.  It also
>theoretically means that your wheels may work loose, although I think that
>danger is overstated, if the lug nuts are securely tightened to the torque
>spec.

I'm the only one who works on the car  ...  And all other cars i've have
a "reversed" thread on the left side (as 99.9 % of cars)

And after the drum i've removed the electric antena (locked ..). Now it
works, i've taken it apart and put fresh grease. It sems that the nylon
cord locked but why i don't know (the mast was fine).

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad