2003 Imperial 'Eagle' by Virgil Exner, Jr.

2003 Imperial 'Eagle' by Virgil Exner, Jr.

I like it. It has something of the flowing flavor of a late '30s French
design, maybe shades of Talbot-Lago, or Delahaye. That is mixed with a
number of traditional Imperial cues, all having been accounted for earlier
in this thread. A successful mix, I would say.

The Cadillac V-16 is a different concept altogether, also attractive but in
a postmodern way, with strong Bill Mitchell hints in some of the details,
such as the chrome vents on the sides. And continuing the newer Cadillac
styling cues (such as the very aggressive grille design) that GM would like
to see gain traction with the public.

I had the pleasure of working with Bill about 20 years ago after he had
retired from GM as head of design. He had his own shop at that time, and
still was sharp as a tack. He were working on a military vehicle, of all
things!

Currell