2003 Imperial 'Eagle' (Long)

Hello All;
 While I like the concept of a new Imperial coupe there are a few things
that I would change, although some have already been brought forward. For
starters the rear end, other then the sparrow strainers and the deck lid,
looks like it was chopped off of a 70's Vette' right down to the spot for
the license plate.
 I think that it would do very well for this car to drop the triple tail
lights and add a bumper similar to the 57' to 62's. A flightsweep deck lid
would also add interest to the rear end after dumping the split rear window.
The rear window should be replaced with something more wrap around, I am
tired of cars with a "C" pillar creating a blind spot perfect for backing
into garbage cans.
  In side profile I think that the car should be be a pillarless hardtop,
that strip in the door post just screams eighties Celica. The roofline also
looks to be far too low, it reminds me of a 90's Chebby Cavalier or other
compact coupe. The rear quarter windows are also inoperable, something more
in keeping with a compact. In keeping with the hardtop theme something
similar to the 1959-61 Imperials, with the control tower windshield, would
be perfect. It would be more upright, with more headroom, but still greatly
streamlined.
  I have no objections to the rest of the car bellow the belt line, to me it
looks well proportioned compared to most of the cars out there. However the
rear end could be made to look longer, this could be accomplished through a
more upright roofline with the aforementioned wraparound rear window. The
wheels also look out of proportion with the size of the car, largely because
of the low profile tires and huge rims. That being said they would look
better if they were a few inches smaller in diameter with a corresponding
change in the wheel openings.
  Mechanically, while the idea of two V10 engines ganged together is
interesting it would offer many technical challenges to make it run
reliably, definately a concern if you are trying to promote a new luxury
car. A more practical, and infinately cheaper idea, would be to emply a
hopped up version of the new hemi used in dodge trucks. Bring back the
torsion bars except this tim use them on the back as well as the front. I am
sorry MacPherson struts don't cut it anymore, there are dished out with far
too much of the front wheel drive rubbish offered these days. Four wheel
disks are good as well but I would like to see someone take another stab at
the Ausco-Lambert total contact idea, which was self actuating. One more
thing, bring back the pushbutton automatic and the electroluminecent
instrument panel.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.