Air Conditioning Compressor

HI,

I checked out that Mopar Performance article
that was sent as a link the other day.  It had
to do with swapping out the old RV-2 compressor
with a new Sendan (sp?) unit.

If it were me.  I would do it in a minute.

I used to have a '79 Dodge Magnum with the RV-2
compressor.  Boy did that thing bog the engine down
when switched on.  I just figured that that was the
way air conditioning had to be until my friend stopped
over with his '78 Ford Granada.

Just for the heck of it I checked out his A/C.  His was
equipped with a newer style compressor.  What a
difference!  If you switched mine on, the engine would
start shaking and rolling, and it was really noticeable that
the A/C was engaged.

His?  Well, I couldn't believe it.  Switch it on - nothing.
Except LOTS of COLD air!  Amazing.  Hardly any noise,
smooth, I was really jealous.

If you are not worried about being original, I say go
for the switch.  It'll make your Imperial an even
smoother ride.

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx