-------Original Message-------
From: dnieblas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Black plates are the original license plates issued to car. I had a 57
Chebby a long time that came with its original front and back black plates.
This was when I lived in CA. I believe they are called black plates, because
they were actually black with yellow numbers/letters up to 1958 when they
were reversed and became yellow with black numbers/letters in CA. I have a
vintage 1957 FLA license plate that I bought a while back. That one is white
with dark blue numbers/letters. I am now looking for a 1958 FLA plate for
my Imperial. In FLA it is legal to register a car with antique plates. An
option that I will explore in the future. Bye for now.

Doug
1958 Crown coupe

> From: "Dodd, David J" <David.Dodd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> yea, my 66 has black plates on it.  Its the plates that the car got back
in the 60's, 6 digits 3 alphabetical and 3 numerical lets everyone know
your a local.  Doesn't make the car drive any better or faster.