delco and other parts suppliers

Years ago, when I was actively working in a parts/ service function in the
automotive world, Delco sold both a line of reman and new starters,
alternators, some carbs, for many different makes.   I dont recall that
their quality was that much different than anyone elses, but they definetly
had a higher price tag.  That could be part of the explanation of why the 60
had a Delco part number, as well as the location of the vehicle and the
parts supplier.  We had some customers who insisted Delco only on their
replacement parts, we found it rather amusing and somewhat shocking to see
many reboxed parts in Delco boxes as well as the fine print " Remanufactured
to AC Delco OEM specs by ....." on many of the boxes as well.   Though I
have to admit, Delco was and is not the only parts company to do that sort
of thing.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe